Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Cool Boys and Cool Teachers from Literature

Jen Robinson, not wanting to be accused of either sexism or favouritism, is compiling a Cool Boys of Children's Litearture list over on her Blog Jen Robinson's Book Page. I encourage you to go over there and make some nominations. So far the Boys list is a mere 159 characters long (as opposed to the 200 Cool Girls of Kid Lit list) and Jen wants to close the list on Friday.

In a similar vein, the Blog A Year of Reading is compiling a list of 100 Cool Teachers in Children's Literature and they are asking for readers' nominations for the list. Again, I encourage you to check out the list-so-far and then add your own nominations.

My own list of Wicked Women in Children's Literature didn't even reach 30 - which I found interesting...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link, Michele, and for the suggestions! Maybe with your help, the cool boys will catch up with the cool girls one of these days.

I guess we just don't identify with the wicked women in the same way.

Jude said...

Some really good suggestions and links here. I'm glad I came across your blog.

Michele said...

Jude - thanks !

Jen - the lack of responses about wicked women seems to confirm my suspicion that there are far fewer of them than there are Dark Lords in children's literature !

It would be nice if the boys list hit 200 too !