Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Cool Boys and Cool Teachers from Literature

Jen Robinson, not wanting to be accused of either sexism or favouritism, is compiling a Cool Boys of Children's Litearture list over on her Blog Jen Robinson's Book Page. I encourage you to go over there and make some nominations. So far the Boys list is a mere 159 characters long (as opposed to the 200 Cool Girls of Kid Lit list) and Jen wants to close the list on Friday.

In a similar vein, the Blog A Year of Reading is compiling a list of 100 Cool Teachers in Children's Literature and they are asking for readers' nominations for the list. Again, I encourage you to check out the list-so-far and then add your own nominations.

My own list of Wicked Women in Children's Literature didn't even reach 30 - which I found interesting...


Jen Robinson said...

Thanks for the link, Michele, and for the suggestions! Maybe with your help, the cool boys will catch up with the cool girls one of these days.

I guess we just don't identify with the wicked women in the same way.

Jude said...

Some really good suggestions and links here. I'm glad I came across your blog.

Michele said...

Jude - thanks !

Jen - the lack of responses about wicked women seems to confirm my suspicion that there are far fewer of them than there are Dark Lords in children's literature !

It would be nice if the boys list hit 200 too !