Saturday, April 21, 2007

Scholar's Blog Spoiler Zone Update

I've just posted a review of Malcolm Rose's Circle of Nightmares over on the Scholar's Blog Spoiler Zone.

I won't be posting a review of Doctor Who's Season 3 episode 4, "Daleks In Manhattan" during next week, as it's the first of a two-parter (written by Helen Raynor - the first woman to write for New Who), so expect both "Daleks In Manhattan" and "Evolution of the Daleks" to be reviewed together the week after next.

Talking of the Daleks, users of the BBC Doctor Who website were recently polled to discover the scariest monsters in the Whoniverse - and the Daleks were voted number 1 (to my surprise since I find the Cybermen far more chilling!)

* * * * * *


In other news, I've been lucky enough to receive an ARC of Marcus Sedgwick's new YA book, Blood Red, Snow White which isn't out until July, from Waterstones.com. They recently did a draw for readers of their children's newsletter, to "win" a book to review on their website, and I got the book I wanted - and believe me, no one was more shocked than I was when it arrived in yesterday's mail ! The book is described as The Russian Revolution - fairy tale, spy thriller, love story - one man's life during the last days of the Romanovs. So far, it's fascinating reading - and totally like anything else Sedgwick has written (not that any of his books are similar to any of the others).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your win. Very cool!

Michele said...

Thanks ! No one was more surprised than I was !