Friday, January 20, 2006

Peter Pan Sequel

Oxford University Press has announced that Geraldine McCaughrean's sequel to Peter Pan will be called Peter Pan in Scarlet and that it is due to be published on October 5, 2006. Apparently the story is set in the 1930s, when Barrie's Wendy would be old enough to be a grandmother.

* * * * * *

Buffy reprise: I watched my least favourite season one episode of Buffy today - "The Pack"; boy does that episode make me squirm ! Not only do the hyena-possessed kids get up to some totally gross things, but the change that comes over Xander is scary ! I love Xander - he's such a decent guy usually - very definitely the heart of the Scooby Gang (as is in season four's "Primeval"). He cares so much, which is his only real "power", but he goes on caring for Buffy and his friends through some extraordinary events. "The Pack", though, shows his "dark side" - and I don't like it !

No comments: