Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Doctor Who Quote of the Week

The Doctor: Oi! Follow that coach!
Coach Driver: I'm afraid I can't do that sir!
The Doctor: And why's that?
Dickens: I'll tell you why not; I'll give you a very good reason why not: because this is my coach!
The Doctor: [Exasperated] Well, get in then!
Coach Driver: Is everything in order, Mr Dickens?
Dickens: No, everything is not.
The Doctor: What did he say?
Dickens: Let me say this first: I'm not a man with a sense of humour, and I-
The Doctor: Dickens?
Dickens: Yes?
The Doctor: Charles Dickens?
Dickens: Yes.
The Doctor: The Charles Dickens?
Coach Driver: Should I remove the gentleman, sir?
The Doctor: Charles Dickens! You're brilliant, you are! Completely one-hundred percent brilliant! I've read them all! Great Expectations, Oliver Twist... What's the other one, the one with the ghosts?
Dickens: A Christmas Carol?
The Doctor: No no no, the one with the trains... The Signalman, that's it! Terrifying! Best short story ever written! You're a genius!
Coach Driver: Do you want me to get rid of him, sir?
Dickens: [Flattered] No, I think he can stay.

("The Unquiet Dead", Season 1 New Doctor Who)

No comments: