Thursday, August 10, 2006

A Book Meme

Shamelessly stolen from Kelly at Big A, little a (and who admits to stealing it herself !)

1. One book that changed your life?

This may come as a surprise to some people, but I shall have to say The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe because I hadn't really registered fantasy fiction before that point in time. The other book is Siegfried Sassoon's Selected Poems (as explained in my September 1st post).

2. One book you have read more than once?

The book I've re-read the most often is Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings.

3. One book you would want on a desert island?

It would have to be The Lord of the Rings (or failing that a hefty Encyclopaedia - actually, can I have an eBook reader stored with 50 books ?!)

4. One book that made you laugh?

The most recent book that made me laugh is Louis Sachar's Small Steps.

5. One book that made you cry?

Again the most recent is Jane Yolen's The Devil's Arithmetic.

6. One book you wish had been written?

Hmm, tough question... A sequel to The Lord of the Rings, perhaps (you may be detecting a theme here !)

7. One book you wish had never been written?

Oh Pamela - that book bored me stupid at college - I stopped half way through to read Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban !!

8. One book you are currently reading?

I'm just starting to re-read Lynn Flewelling's The Bone Doll's Twin now that the final part of the Tamir Triad (Oracle's Queen) is in my hot little hands - and have just finished Ray Bradbury's thoughtful The Martian Chronicles.

9. One book you have been meaning to read?

Well I've started it - Milton's Paradise Lost (although I confess I neglected to bring it to Gloucestershire with me !)

10. Now tag five people:

Oh anyone who reads this and wants to play !!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your reading Paradise Lost, Michele. How is that going? It's one I've wanted to read, too, though I've never gotten as far as checking it out.

Michele said...

Slowly ! Two books down, ten to go... Although taking a break of at least a week won't necessarily help ! (I forgot to pack it much as I forgot to pack the sequel to The Bone Doll's Twin - silly me !)