Sunday, September 03, 2006

Blogger Beta Update

OK, on the basis that it helps to know at least a little of what's going on, I've had word that some people are having trouble in posting comments on my Blog. Checking through the Blogger Beta "Known issues" pages, I found the following:

Users who have not switched to Blogger in beta will not be able to login to comment on blogs that have been switched. Commenting using the "anonymous" or "other" options will still work.


What this basically means is that for those of you who are not on Blogger Beta yet, you may have trouble commenting on my Blog as yourselves (ie. with your Blog identity) - but if you select Anonymous or Other (both of which are available as I've not set my Blog comments to be acceptable only from Blogger users - 'cos that's darned unfriendly, I feel !), you can still leave a comment - but please leave your name or a link to your Blog so I know who you are ! I hope this won't put people off leaving comments - I value getting feedback from my readers, so if it's having a hissy fit and telling you "We're sorry but we're unable to complete your request" try switching your "identity" to Other or Anonymous and leave me a comment... If you're still having problems, my email address is over in the right-hand pane (you'll have to scroll down for it, until I move it back up the pane - I was having trouble getting it to even sit IN the right hand pane last night, so once it went in, I decided not to push my luck and move it up, but I'll try that shortly !)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michele

Thank you so much for sharing your whole blogger beta experience. I really want to be able to use the subject tags, but I'm holding off for now. Thanks for being the trailblazer!

Michele said...

Liz, you're very welcome ! I figure that since I'm tech-savvy, I'm a good person to be a trailblazer ! (I've got my rations and camping gear packed for my trip through the wilderness, blazing the trail - LOL !)

Unknown said...

Yes, I'd like to thank you, also, for checking it out for the rest of us!

Michele said...

You're welcome, Sheila.

The one thing that annoys me intensely is if I've got my Gmail account open and I'm using Blogger too, and I sign out of Blogger, it automatically signs me out of Gmail ! I've done that twice now so I have to chant to myself in my head "Don't log out of Blogger yet" !

Anonymous said...

I tried to convert yesterday but apparently they're doing it in stages and only some bloggers have the option of doing so.

Jamie Starbuck

http://misanthropiste.blogspot.com/

Michele said...

Yes I was aware they were only allowing Bloggers to convert in stages - simply because there are so many Blogs to convert !

Jamie Starbuck said...

I've converted and wish I hadn't bothered. I've spent all morning trying to do things in HTML that were easy on the previous Blogger. GRR

Michele said...

Oh dear Jamie - I can't say I'm surprised... You should have learned from my experience and waited !

Jamie Starbuck said...

I can't not do these things! lol How can you resist a button marked 'push me'?

Michele said...

I don't know - I didn't manage to avoid pushing it !

Anonymous said...

Well, since shifting to the Beta format, I have felt like being abandoned by all my usual readers and commenters, what with the inability of non-Blogger Beta users to post a comment. Like Jamie Starbuck, I wish I stuck to the old Blogger!

Michele said...

But Paul, they can - you just have to tell people who've not gone Beta yet to use the "Other" option, rather than the Blogger one, then they can still leave their name and Blog address on their comments...