Saturday, September 16, 2006

Blogger Beta Update

I've just been taking a look at the Known Issue for Blogger Beta blog and note that they report that users who are seeing errors when posting comments with current Blogger accounts to blogs on the new version of Blogger in beta should preview the comment before publishing. You only need to preview once per account.

Apparently they've released an additional change to the Blogger beta which shows users thumbnails of photos after they've been uploaded. And it looks terrific - but when I just tried adding a photo to this post, I discovered there's no "Done" button on which to click so that the photo will upload !! I'm hoping they'll have fixed this issue before Halloween as I've some graphics I want to use for the Eighth Carnival of Children's Literature !

One good thing about the new Beta version of Blogger is that it will notify you if your links aren't correct - and actually highlight the incomplete link IN the post so you don't have to go looking for it ! So it's not all bad news - thankfully. But I still wouldn't recommend anyone to switch to Beta just yet...

2 comments:

Martin LaBar said...

There are a lot of nice things about the new version. Labels, so you can classify your posts, greatly improved search capacity among your own posts, and much simpler revision of the template are my favorite three, I believe.

Michele said...

Except that you still can't "Search this Blog"; you have to search via the Dashboard - which is a pain in the neck if you just want to find a post to send someone a link from your Blog. Or so I've found, anyway...