The December edition of The Edge of the Forest is up!
Here's what's on offer this month:
- Sounds from the Forest, a podcast column produced by Andrea and Mark of Just One More Book!!, is back. This month find out what the folks at The Cybils are up to (besides reading their socks off trying to make an impossibly long list into a reasonably shortlist (and falling ill !)).
- An interview with writer Karen English, by Cynthia J. Omololu.
- December is picture book month, with two features focused on books for the younger set. Anne Boles Levy considers picture book dialog in Strong Dialog Speaks Volumes and Julie Danielson reviews four recent rhyming titles in Poetic Picture Books.
- Allie compiles a list: The Best of 2006
- Kim Winters contributes two columns this month, speaking to Ruthann Heidgerken, Youth Services Librarian and writer for What's in their Backpacks? and children's writer, Debby Dahl Edwardson, for A Day in the Life.
- Reviews in all categories—from Picture book to Young Adult (including reviews of some newer and some older Fantasy books from me.
- Kid Picks is Teen Picks this month! Allie talks books with some pretty smart high school students (and their younger siblings).
- Don't forget to subscribe to The Edge of the Forest with our Subscribe feature. Just enter your name and e-mail address and you'll receive notification when each new issue is published.
Beginning in 2007, it's planned that The Edge of the Forest will be published on the 10th of every month.
Thank you to everyone for reading each month, and I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you a pleasant and enjoyable Holiday season (whichever holiday you are celebrating this month) and to wish you a peaceful 2007 filled to the brim with books !