Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Dragonology, Egyptology and Wiazrdology

I had a major surprise today when I had an email from the Guardian to tell me I'd won copies of Dragonology, Egyptology and Wizardology ! I entered a competition on the Guardian website - and then promptly forgot all about it until the email came today, so picture me reading the email in astonishment. The last time I won something was when I won the boxed set of Indiana Jones DVDs from Classic FM last year - and that was another instance where I entered the competition then promptly forgot about it, and was quite astonished a few days later, to find a rather frantic message on my mobile phone asking for my address, so they could be sent to me !

I shall await the arrival of the trio of books with interest... And report back in due course !

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Hey, congrats Michele! I never know anyone who wins these contests. Good for you. We LOVE "Dragonology" around here.

Anonymous said...

Michele, what fun! I recently won a DVD from Read Alert, a first-rate Australian library blog. I was so excited to get a package with an Aussie postmark.

Camille said...

Those books are so much fun. You are the perfect person to own them.

Michele said...

Thanks very much everyone ! I'm looking forward to having them. I've seen them on the bookshop shelves, but they've appeared too expensive to look at, somehow...