Thursday, January 04, 2007

Beatrix Potter: A Life in Nature - Linda Lear


Fans of Beatrix Potter, or the merely curious cinema-goer, may be interested in a new biography of the author Beatrix Potter: A Life in Nature by Linda Lear. Strangely, to me anyway, the film Miss Potter doesn't open until tomorrow in the UK, but this book came out in late December here. However, the film has already opened in the US, but the US edition of Beatrix Potter: A Life in Nature isn't published until next week in the US. If the publishers wanted the publication to tie in with the film release (which seems logical), why didn't they actually publish the book around the time of the film's release dates in the respective countries ?

Anyway, I'll have to see if the library has this one or is getting it (I always live in hope in that respect !). In the meantime, I'm intending to go and see the film next Tuesday, so expect a review in due course.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is this in French?!

Hi, Sass. Do let me know how the film is. I'm very interested! If you're just getting it now in the UK (it is a British film?), i cannot imagine our getting it in France, if ever, before a while yet.

Thanks!
Mab

Michele said...

What is in French ?

It's not a British film, so far as I'm aware (the two production companies are American)...