Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Edge of the Forest - May issue

The new issue of The Edge of the Forest, is now online. In preparation for the summer, you might want to check out books on the Sea by Anne of Book Buds and Summer reads from Little Willow of Slayground. Liz of A Chair, A Fireplace and A Tea Cozy looks at Young Adult books with the theme of Transitions and a non fiction book on Pompei, and reviews the movie version of my favourite Cornelia Funke book, The Thief Lord. Jen of Jen Robinson's Book Page reviews the new non-Artemis Fowl book, Half Moon Investigations by Eoin Colfer. This month's Blogging Writer is Mitali Perkins whom Kelly of Big A little a interviews, and there is A Day in the Life of Amy Timberlake by Kim of Kat's Eye. I was lucky enough to interview Chris Abouzeid, author of Anatopsis, and I did a longer piece on Charles Butler's excellent YA supernatural fantasy books (of which he has published five stand alone books, and which I believe deserve to better known).

There are even more great reviews and features over at The Edge of the Forest, so don't hang around here - get over there and read !!

6 comments:

princessoctober said...

You go girl..Congrats. I just read you profile and some of your blog. I can honestly say if you can do it so can I.

Michele said...

Thanks very much.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention, Michele! And I wanted to let you know that you have convinced me to check out Charles Butler when I get the chance. Thanks for your great reviews!

Michele said...

That's excellent news, Jen ! If you do enjoy them, please be sure to share them with others; then hopefully demand will be sufficient to convince Charlie's publishers to publish in the US as well, and even more readers will have the chance to discover this talented writer.

Little Willow said...

Thanks for the link!

Michele said...

You're welcome !